pretty sure pumps dead...

12Vcummins95

so my truck wont rev out past 500 rmps/20mph. its not the throttle cable i checked the entire thing. i messed with the idle adjust screw and that didnt do anything either. something seems to be "locked up". the gas peddle in the truck has almost no give to it at all. any input?

Check to see if fuel shut-off is pulling all the way up.

well my shutoff solenoid broke a few weeks back and i have had to put it forward everytime i start the truck myself. it clicks into place, but could this still have something to do with something locking up?

well my shutoff solenoid broke a few weeks back and i have had to put it forward everytime i start the truck myself. it clicks into place, but could this still have something to do with something locking up?

Shouldn't have anything to do with the throttle being stuck...try moving the throttle lever on the pump itself...if it's stuck there too then either the rack is stuck or you could possibly have a governor problem (one of the internal linkages seized, broke, etc.)

yeah its stuck all the way to the pump. shutoff solenoid is going all the way up too when clicked into place

yeah its stuck all the way to the pump. shutoff solenoid is going all the way up too when clicked into place

I'd say pull the AFC housing off and look down in the governor to see if anything is obviously broken...

More likely than not the rack is stuck (meaning stuck barrel & plunger) so you are probably looking at sending it to a pump shop...