Pro Street goes back to HEADS UP Racing!

Albany, IN
Nov. 27, 2008

Director of Technical Services Scott Doty announced today that the quickest diesel truck class Pro Street was going back to its roots-heads up. The class has been subject to many changes over the years in an attempt to keep up with the advances in diesel technology.
The class will be two classes in 2008, 2wd and 4wd. “Two classes, two purses, two championships” CEO, Eric McBride told DHRAonline.com staff. “We are advancing the tree to a .4 pro tree from the .5 and at the conclusion of each race; the winners of each class will run against each other for more cash and points.” Eric continued. “The racers are excited to go back to heads up racing-they want it, the fans want it and it just makes better racing.”
The Pro Street 2wd will have a 4300 lbs. weight with driver limit, while the heavier 4wd class will limit the weight with driver to 5500 lbs. The runoff between the two classes will go as long as the 4 wheel drives can keep up.
Some of the other changes to the rules include full slicks for 4wd, expanded lightening of the body panels, tilt hoods, etc. Full functioning head lights, tail lights and the other required street equipment will remain the same.
Director Doty expects the rulebook to be complete in the next couple of weeks. The schedule is still being created and we have some tentative dates up on DHRAonline.com now.

Minimums Brad, thanks for that catch, I'll have them correct that for the other websites.
Johnner, we never had a 9.99 limit and don't intend on ever having one.

How long do you think these rules will stay in effect until you change them again to something else??? Just curious...........................

--------
John_P

We are advancing the tree to a .4 pro tree from the .5

I hope the guys can get there trucks to spool up!

Jim

Eric, are you guys planning a PS class for those of us that will be under 4300#'s also? Several Mini-trucks being built right now that are gonna have a hard time hitting those numbers without driver, Navigator, and engineer onboard.

i like the looks of the new rules,i may have to join the dhra this year!!!

Admit it Jess, you are scared to run against the Ranger..... LOL

Whats the mean if 4X4 can keep up seems to me that the 4x4 are havin a big come back ??

not scared of a ranger but i think it is wise to put rules intp effect for trucks that are running not one that will be,when these trucks get together im sure they will be worked in some how...

I say let engine swap 2wd trucks run, 3500# minimum, and they must run on a true 10.5 tire! That would make things interesting!

Back