Pro Street Rules

Supershot

What is considered a pro street 2wd truck by the Diesel drag sanctioning bodies? Does it have to have stock frame? How much? How about front suspension does it have to remain stock? Can the truck be front and backhalfed? I am in the middle of building a truck and am wondering about these things. Thanks

Stock frame, back halves are permitted. Front suspension can be tweaked. If you run a full tube frame it is considered a pro-mod.

So by backhalfed is that from the fire wall back or the back of the cab back? Also would struts be permitted up front?

I think most bodies say you'd have to have OEM front suspension with a back-halfed rear. Not sure whether it can be to the firewall or not, but most bodies have a minimum weight requirement (say 4500lbs or so) so if you make it too light, you'll just have to ballast it back up.

Depending on where your racing for example the NHRDA pro street class has NO weight limits, NO tire limitations and regualtions are based on the NHRA rules. Other sanctions may be different as this is just for the NHRDA

just wondering can a 66 elcamino with a cummins run prostreet?

Last I checked you had to keep the OEM engine in the OEM application. So if you do a repower a GM will need to have a GM power plant. I think the rule isn't right and argued the point last season but got no where with it. Maybe no they will change with fuel being 5.00 a gallon and attendance going down at all the events.

What is considered a pro street 2wd truck by the Diesel drag sanctioning bodies? Does it have to have stock frame? How much? How about front suspension does it have to remain stock? Can the truck be front and backhalfed? I am in the middle of building a truck and am wondering about these things. Thanks
just use the N.H.R.A rule book hell put a commins in a datsun 280z!:doh:

FYI, diesel orgs. have rulebooks. Some even offer them in pdf form on their webistes. For free.

Psst, Steve... NADM PS engine requirements:
Engine: The engine must be a factory option diesel built for
automotive use. Re-powers are permitted and must be in the factory
location.

:evilSO If I keep my frame rails stock from the firewall front and keep an oem floor and engine in stock location. I can fit in both Nhrda and Nadm pro street rules? All it says about suspension is it has to be an automaotive setup and have a shock at each wheel so I am guessing struts are ok. We will see Ill prolly end up just doing a full tube chassis.:evil

FYI, diesel orgs. have rulebooks. Some even offer them in pdf form on their webistes. For free.

"Engine: The engine must be a factory option diesel built for
automotive use. Re-powers are permitted and must be in the factory
location."

Psst, Steve... NADM PS engine requirements:

The problem is reading the rules. How you going to put a non standard (repower) engine in a factory location? Since it never came in that application there is no factory location! Let's say you put an inline 6 where a v6 was...... there is no way it's in the factory location. The rules suck and with that you never know how they will be interpreted from time to time. I wish they would clean them up so we all would know what's going to be legal now and 6 months from now. What's a back half? Back from the front suspension, back of the firewall, back of the cab............................ same old problem just a different day.

Depending on where your racing for example the NHRDA pro street class has NO weight limits, NO tire limitations and regualtions are based on the NHRA rules. Other sanctions may be different as this is just for the NHRDA
This is correct- if you can build it- RUN WHAT YA Brung.:evil Just build it to pass NHRA tech for the speed it is capable of running.....

The only thing I ever look at in the rule book is for safty requirments for were we think we might be, Has passed every NHRA and IHRA tech so far and usually when they are teching get lots off question's wich usually conlude with a what the -------------------- and a wow can't wait to see this and have a good weekend.