problem started 12/06/07. finally diagnosed.

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
well after going thru three dealers, the fourth finally got it.

head cracked.
injector 6 bad.
rings gone on #6.
cylinder gone.
turbo shaft loose.
injector 3 & 4 also being replaced.

how the hell can this happen to an all stock truck with only 70k miles?
it happened with around 60k, but i drove til 70k

no guages.
i shouldn't need them with a stock truck.
my opinion, it is ****ty that you should have to spend more money on guages cause DC didn't make it right in the first place.

Just some of the dealers around here have been giving guys with stock trucks problems. I was just wondering if they were trying to give you any kind of run around. They just dont want to warrenty anything on diesels around here anymore.

"it happened with around 60k, but i drove til 70k"
That's why it happened to a all stock truck if only 70k on the clock IMO

update:

just came back from the dealer.
they have the engine removed.
all 6 pistons rings are broke.
cylinders shot.
still no warranty questions or problems.

love this dealer! :)

ChaseN said:
how the hell can this happen to an all stock truck with only 70k miles?
it happened with around 60k, but i drove til 70k
**** happens thats why they have a warrenty. But I'm sure it started out as something such as an injector issue or something small that wasnt diagnosed and 10k more miles wiped the rest out.$.02

SledPuller21 said:
**** happens thats why they have a warrenty. But I'm sure it started out as something such as an injector issue or something small that wasnt diagnosed and 10k more miles wiped the rest out.$.02

My thoughts exactly. You know, like the people who drive on a flat and wonder why they have to buy a new tire and can't get it patched.:bang

guys guys guys i had no choice.
no dealer wanted to warranty it!!

dealer 1: 5" straight exhaust, wont do warranty claim
dealer 2: turbo dirty, won't warranty.
dealer 3: nothing is wrong.
dealer 4: fixes problems!

dads 05 dropped #5 injector the first go around, filled the exhaust, innercooler full of diesel, crank case as well, turbo was shot and #5&6 valve bridges were completely off the valve train. al replaced under warranty and only at 30K if I remember correctly UPDATE 1 year one month from that episode I noticed a slight oil/fuel leak under the truck that was starting to get bad.... took it in same issue #5 injector cracked! but thankfully we found it out soon

Ian

well my truck will be ready tomorrow.
all 6 new pistons, rings, injectors, :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

i am picking it up and driving non stop 7 hour trip. hookin up to my 46' enclosed tripple axle trailer. fully loaded weighs in overweight but i aint worried about that.

so i will give ya'll an update when i make it back thursday about 2am

ChaseN said:
i am picking it up and driving non stop 7 hour trip. hookin up to my 46' enclosed tripple axle trailer. fully loaded weighs in overweight but i aint worried about that.
Thats a good way to break it in...:doh:

Last edited:
just got back from my trip.
runs hella lot better.
idle is alot quiter at engine.
exhaust is alot louder.

0125081307.jpg

haha it was a LOAD!! had two blow outs on trailer and the tires were BRAND NEW!!

ChaseN, Remind me never to lend you my truck.....or anything for that matter. LOL

dealer 1: 5" straight exhaust, wont do warranty claim
reply to dealer 1:KMA

dealer 2: turbo dirty, won't warranty.
reply to dealer 1:KMA

dealer 3: nothing is wrong.
reply to dealer 1:You are stupid. Hire a diesel tech that knows his butt from a socket wrench

dealer 4: fixes problems!
reply to dealer 1:Thanks. Can get a free hat?

Glad you got it fixed. Our dealer is pretty good they are just too freakin' expensive to even let them touch a truck.