Problem

5ninef250

Dust Sprayer
I have a slight, inconsistent prob with the ole 12V and I need some help! I just got the engine in the truck and I am doing as much local driving as I can to try to work any bugs out. Well today its been dying on me left and right, primarily when driven for say 5+ mins. It seems to me likes it a fuel delivery prob but I am not sure what could be wrong. The engine is fuel by an A1000 and proper aeromotive regulator set at 45psi. Here's whats happening, the engine begins to surge like its losing power, I can even observe a slight loss in boost, once this happens when I start to slow for a turn or come to a stop the dern thing stalls! And getting it restarted is a bit of a pain, the injector pump acts like its out of fuel so I have to "pump" the accelerator pedal in order for it to fire. While pumping th exhaust emits white smoke and of course once it fires it runs poor (like a start on a cold AM) and then runs fine. It did this to me several times today, I noticed I could keep it running if I knocked the trans in neutral and kept the engine revved up. Of course while revving it feel like it missing pretty badly. So what gives? Is my fuel solenoid out of adjustment? I just installed a new Woodward brand solenoid, its a dual coil with a "pull" and "hold" windings both requring there own relay and associated wiring. I am stumped guys :bang and I need some help! I am leaning towards the solenoid being out of adjustment or the "hold" not being strong enough and eventually bypassing the fuel. How hot do these solenoids typically get when ran for a bit of time? Any suggests are much appreciated! Sorry for the long post:doh:

Get you a manual gauge on the fuel pressure. With that ruled out you can move on, until then you have to guess.

sniperonhigh said:
Get you a manual gauge on the fuel pressure. With that ruled out you can move on, until then you have to guess.

I have a gauge on the regulator, should I put one some where else?

You need to know what your pressure is while driving, especially when it is acting up. Sure sounds like a fuel problem, a manual gauge may rule that out.