Problems after studs?

i have, but i think its mainly cause the heads werent milled(dealer installed studs under warranty)

I would have but my tech got me 2 new heads under warranty, both of mine were severely cracked!

I blew my truck with 225cc, vgtss and a few bottle of nos through her

I think it had about....let me see....ummmmm

Well I know at silverlake I went through about 3-4 on saturday alone labor day weekend

I hear if you take off like .020 off the heads it makes for some interesting valve angles. 3.74 inches is minimum head thickness. Most heads are that from the factory sometimes even slightly less. Keep that in the back of your mind.

We are doing a set of fire rings on a truck that was studded by the guys at our local dealership. We are not sure if they didn't torque them correctly or if they didn't check the surface of the heads. The customer just wants it to stop puking and it only has 30,000 miles on it.

Just a curious newb question... Whats the final torque on a set of ARP studs?

245ft/lbs. I'm assuming since you said "final torque" you also know to do that in stages.

haha, thanks imelmo, i certainly am aware of the stages of torquing. I was just somewhat curious, and from reading a few posts where it seems studs have been under torqued (and moreso double checking my dealers work) . Im scared to touch my truck other then fuel filters, and oil changes. Too expensive for me to start diddling around with yet.

Last edited:
Back