Problems.......

12vdaddy

So i was driving to diner last night and the truck ran fine..... When i came out from diner and started it up it started fine than started to rough idle and puff ALOT of white smoke. I shut it down really fast and than just had a buddy tow me home. When i got back here to the house to get it in the drive i started it up and drove it about 15 feet to shut it off. I just got it back that morning from getting DV pump timing 4K springs and valve cover gasket and retorque the head. I just need some advice on what anybody thinks that it is????? It sucks the truck lived and died in 8 hours. But i do want to say that compression motersports did a great job on the truck and got it done quick for me. Thanks guys for you feed back.

Well i just hope that i can have it on the road soon. haha. I did a great job in breaking it in about 7 hours

take it back to them. sounds like it was working fine till they worked on it, surely they can fix it.

I would lean towards timing slipping. My timing slipped and the truck wouldn't free rev above 1500 without popping etc, etc.