Programmer on Med Duty trucks???

Chevycummins

Bad case of Tinkeritis!
has anyone on here used the programmers like the Diablo power puck or TS MP-8 on a med duty truck like a DT466E or anything? thought about getting one for the service truck due to the serious lack of power to try and help get a little extra pull on the hills and things.

For an 04-08, the better one to get is from Hypermax. They do more than the others. Most people report little to no gains from all the others. If it's pre-04(EGR), then you can adjust the fuel pressure to 60 lbs with an EZ out. It's inside a fitting at the back of the head. This is for DT466E/530E. The fuel regualtor is different on the 04 & up, and not so user friendly. Those other brands of performance modules generally just hike up the ICP(injection control pressure). A few others do that and MAP, so look close at the descriptions. About half the time, they'll set a trouble code.
The other way is to get the IH dealer to uprate it, which should be the first choice.

all the ones i have seen have seemed to promise 30% gain over stock and like 2 mpg. i was going to try to have International turn up the ecm but they made it sound like i wasnt even going to get another 10hp out of a non-egr DT466E. my service truck has the early 04 engine pre-egr so i have a little bit of an advantage is assume.

I cant remember for sure but I think powerhungryperformance may have some kind of chip for the dt466e

i run a TS mp8 on my f650 and wow did it wake it up. TS makes programers a few different med. duty trucks and i belive they started out making programmers for AG equipment i think, someone will chim in if im wrong.....but i love the MP8 on my 650

i run a TS mp8 on my f650 and wow did it wake it up. TS makes programers a few different med. duty trucks and i belive they started out making programmers for AG equipment i think, someone will chim in if im wrong.....but i love the MP8 on my 650

You have an f650 with a 466??:what:

Back