programmer?

bprumos

everyone, as all of you know, really like the sct tuners for these trucks and a big reason for it seams to be for the fact that it tunes the trans, but since i have a manual i dont need to worrie about that to much. i have heard some stuff about PPE tuners and i hear their pretty mean but hard the autos. the truck is a 06 and its stock and i dont have any money for studs so im looking for a tuner thats mean but on the safe side.

i know im taking a risk with a tuner in the first place on the head gaskets but im sure theres ones that are harder on them then others. i also heard something about the head bolts being stronger after 05?

also if i got the sct how would i go about trying to get a head gasket safe tune cause i know you can get custon tunes.. i figure a custom tune might be a little easier on the truck then a canned one

Don't waste your money on the PPE, get an SCT and be done with it. I run Eric's tunes from innovative diesel. I also run Cale's tunes from BTS. Both guys are great to work with and will write you a tune with everything you are looking for.

yes, the major reason why people love SCT is because it offers full transmission control. BUT on top of that its upgradeable, so if the day ever comes and you choose to add larger injectors or a bigger turbo, your SCT will still be usable, with revised custom tunes of course, whereas the PPE will be useless, as they don't offer you custom tunes. I have a few customers with the ZF6 trans runny some Xtreme tunes from Eric and they are ecstatic with them, SCT is hands down the best tuner on the market for the 6.0 manual trans or automatic.

yeah thats pretty much what ive heard from literally almost everyone. the other thing thats nice about the sct is that if you just get the basic programmer without any electornic monitors its like 250-300$ cheaper than the PPE from what ive seen which is a huge plus. im mostly just worried about the head gaskets and the egr cooler melting down and leaking cause i dont have the money to fix those, i can scrape up enough money for a sct and a pyro.

who do you guys think i should go to for a good tune thats safe for it? and if other people offer custom tunes can we make our own or is it more of a sct dealer only type thing..

That depends on a number of things -- what tunes you're getting, are you buying unlimited tuning (PCM reflash or additional modifications will need a new tune), are you buying multiple tunes, are you buying the SCT from them, ect....

I'm running a program from Direct Injection Performance (gogodiesel dot com) and think that Doug currently has some of the best stuff on the market. And he's reasonably priced.

I paid $80 for my xtreme race "head bolt safe" tune from Innovative and love it. There are quite a few good tuners out there though (another plus for the sct)

Back