Project DeRanged truck progress

PKG_A-ARM-7160_id.jpg

I have this on the way... Good old manual steering.

As someone who has tested the effect of a locked up rear tires at 140 mph (with 10 quarts of oil and a bunch of water thrown down for additional excitement), I can officially say that this is undesirable.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

TCI (Total Cost Involved) makes some killer front suspensions. That's what I have on my ranger. Way cool!

Gene is a god.

Steering is fixed:

sterring_fix.jpg

steering_fix_2.jpg

And instead of making an all new tranny x member, he just modded the one that came with the truck. Nice!
tranny_support.jpg

Way to go GENE!!!

Steering looks good, but make sure you check the tolerance. When you throttle hard, the engine will rock on the mounts and may hit your steering.

your right they don't twist they lift the wheels off the ground when the frame twist!!!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

God I hope so. That will be cool as hell, but may cause the driver soiling himself the first time. :hehe:

God I hope so. That will be cool as hell, but may cause the driver soiling himself the first time. :hehe:

The man can fly a passanger airliner, but if his drag truck pops a wheely, he's gonna soil him self...LOL that's funny right there....Tim make sure you mount an in cab camera so we can see your face...LOL

yeah would would need a in truck cam and one of the run to show the truck from the outside so we could do a split screen video of his face.

Back