Projector or HIDs?

gearhart73

I'm looking to upgrade headlights and I'm wondering what is the best route to go, projectors or HIDs? Anybody with either of these care to chime in on what they think is the best?

I put HIDs in the stock 06 housing and the light scatter is horrible. Factory headlights are not meant for HID bulbs so they are hard to focus and you usually have to aim them down to not blind oncoming traffic. I'm getting projectors retrofitted in my housing now, they should be done in a couple weeks.

I know driving my wife's Jeep with projectors it's night and day difference.

Who will put them in the stock housing? I've seen a couple people talk about that now but haven't seen where they're getting it done. I was leaning towards projectors in the first place but I hadn't found an aftermarket style I really liked yet.

I going to be going with the retro fit Morrimotto M1 and HID's. They sell a whole kit with projectors, bulbs, ballists and everything you need to throw them in and go!!!!

Ive had HID's in stock housings and its just not worth it. Ya they are brite, but its just not ment to be in stock housing and you can notice. Projectors just make the bulbs brighter by concentrating the light where it should go!!!

Last edited:
I had mine done at Lightwerkz. Really nice job.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Get them from one of the PSA sponsors? Any radio interference like some guys talk about? Or no real difference in high beams?

I bought my first set (foglights and headlights) from InMotionJosh, and broke 3 out of 4 when trying to install them. Tried calling him about some kind of rebate for a week, and even texted him and he never responded. F that guy. No radio interference at all with my bulbs now, and 10x better than HID's. I have a 20" LED light bar that I use for my high beams, and I use it off-road only.