Protecting a Jasper reman 48re?

Gorms

Just picked up an 07 megacab 5.9 with auto, 167k on it. All stock it appears. While crawling around underneath it yesterday I noticed a Jasper warranty sticker on the trans pan.

For now truck will stay at stock power, but I need it to be able to tow 8-10k lbs. Right now tranny feels strong and fluid is perfect so I guess a shift kit and new solenoids while I'm in there. What's best to use while I have the pan off? I will be doing a mild converter in the future, just can't physically do it right now.

Thanks

Thought this should be pretty self explanatory, but to keep a warranty on something, usually you tend to not tamper with the product.

I don't think he cares about the warranty as much as beefing it up a little to prevent a failure while towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, previous owner or someone replaced it with a Jasper, I got the truck through a dealer and it wasn't on a Carfax. Or maybe someone put a little sticker on it for all I know. Either way I wouldn't replace it with another jasper, just want to keep what's good working for now. If I can get a year or two out of it I'd be happy.

Thoughts?

Back