Pulling with auto shifting?

Rodram2002

I have noticed on some videos that there are some pulling with an auto that shift into neutral at the end of a pull to keep from barking the turbo. Do you guys put in some sort of stop to keep from bumping into reverse?

I don't know about Dodge's and Ford's but GM's you can push the shifter up and it won't go into reverse unless you pull back on the lever.

Some guys modify the shifter to give it a little detent. Just put in a ratchet shifter and be done.

I was always nervous about that happening, but its never happened and i never felt like i came close to doin it either. When you ar the big end and the sled stops you the trucks basicly not moving or bouncing at all so its just like hitting neutral any other time. Unless you panic or just get agressive and trow the shift up a the roof it shouldnt happen.

In my truck if you push forward (toward the front of the truck) while pulling up on the shifter (toward the roof) it will not go up past neutral unless you pull back on the lever. Better be careful though with putting it into neutral at the end. Be sure to let of the fuel the same time you put it into neutral or else it would be pretty easy to over rev. I really dont think its necessary to put it into neutral at the end. Just let of the throttle slowly and you should be fine. Some people get a little carried away with reving at the end of their pull :bang

In my truck if you push forward (toward the front of the truck) while pulling up on the shifter (toward the roof) it will not go up past neutral unless you pull back on the lever. Better be careful though with putting it into neutral at the end. Be sure to let of the fuel the same time you put it into neutral or else it would be pretty easy to over rev. I really dont think its necessary to put it into neutral at the end. Just let of the throttle slowly and you should be fine. Some people get a little carried away with reving at the end of their pull :bang

I'll have to see how well the reverse guard works on my truck. I have just been rolling out of the throttle at the end of the pull as not to bark the charger. Thanks.

When i hit the end i go from full throttle to about half while i grab neutral, then i kind of bring the rpms down slow. My truck will stall if i dont, auto with big inj, lines and tubes. Hell i stall it 5-8 times till i get my hooks in, but at the big end ive been pretty good.

So, I tried going from drive pushing forward and up into neutral and if I push up very hard I can catch reverse. :( I guess I need to adjust my shifter linkage, any info on how to do that?