Pulling with automatic

inline only

wanna be
Are there very many competitive 2.6 automatic 12 valve trucks pulling? Are you guys running higher gears and just using 1st and 2nd or are most running lower gears and going into 3rd? List advantages and disadvantages of both. Just bought an automatic that is running 3:55s and staying out of 3rd. I am used to manual transmissions. Seems to me 3 gears would be better than one. Or is 3rd gear not as durable? Direct drive is best in manual. Maybe makes no difference in automatics though?

with 4.10 axle gears you MIGHT be able to hit 3rd. that would probably be too much to ask of 3.55 axle gears IMO. will 4.88? axle gears 3rd would be a lot easier to achieve and have it keep the R's up

I am sure 4:88 would be the way to go to run 3rd gear as it is direct drive. The main question is which way to go. Run 2 gears or 3?

With no experience in pulling autos, I would still have to think that direct drive would be better/stronger. Not sure though. Member TeddyBear here could be of help to you for info. I believe he runs 4.88's with a 47RE and does very well.

With no experience in pulling autos, I would still have to think that direct drive would be better/stronger. Not sure though. Member TeddyBear here could be of help to you for info. I believe he runs 4.88's with a 47RE and does very well.

X2.

With my auto experiences the higher the gear u go the weeker it is but if it's a built auto you shouldn't have to worry about that but yeah talk to TeddyBear.. He has a great running 2.6 auto.

i hit 3rd gear in my truck but snuff out at the end and i have 3.55gears i am sure 4.10s would be better

i just realized the spelling in my first post is horrible, haha

3rd gear locked with 33's and 3.55's is completly doable. There are a lot of trucks that run that.

I'm gonna be tryin 4.10's, 3rd locked, and 33's this year with my vp...

pulled 2nd locked last year and ran out of r's.... ran against the rev limited down the track at about 3600rpm...

i run 3rd gear on my auto and lock converter with 3:73 running 33 truxux M/T. TeddyBear has a goerend trans and 4:88 gears from what i understood last oct at Versiales ky pull. He also runs STS.

It depends a lot on the track and sled just saying truck A will hit 3rd doesnt mean truck B will if its a heavy sled and a tacky track u will want to stay in 2nd but if its a slick track and they are letting you run with it then 3rd gear will work. The bad part is in 3rd when you get to the end it will down shift and lose a lot of momentum. I pull the truck in my sig and it just depends on a lot of variables

2.6 pulling truck 4.10 gears pull in drive od off torq lockup in 2nd check it out [you tube.] bud300ft

jordan james

I only heard the truck shift once , is that because when your locking, the vb is jumping into third?

yup it going straight to 3rd I leave the line at 25 lbs of boost, I had a low stall with that converter. The rpm's when i leave the line is around 2500 give or take.