pump bracket

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Can someone tell me what this is??? It cam off of a 94 so i dont know if this will still work for the bracket on my 24valve or do i just need to order the other bracket from cummins.

pump bracket.JPG

That is the rear support bracket for the P-Pump. Flat plate goes to block angle piece goes on bottom of pump.

Well from what i have seen all the other support brackets look completely different. Will this one work for a p pump swap.

That one is completley different than the one we got off a 95. We had to modify the one off the 95 to get it to work though. We basically reversed the angle the other way...pretty much ended up just making one. If you have and kind of welding skills or even torch skills for that matter you can make one. Get a piece of 1/4 inch steel and then just make a schmatic out of cardboard to line the 2 holes up and get the angle right. It shouldnt take more than 30 minutes to do it. I can try to get a pic of mine but it might be hard since its already on the truck. Let me know!
Eric

Well i have plenty of skills to fab one up i just wanted to know if the one i had would work.

I really dont know about what you got. I guess the round end attaches to the pump somewhere and allows it to pivot to give you the angle needed to bolt to the block but I really dont know. It would probably be easier just to fab one up.

Im pretty sure it will work for you. it even has the extra bolt hole at the bottom to support the P/S pump

Is there any part numbers on it? That thing looks homemade. It looks to me like it should work just fine though...

We have got a motor that has the same bracket setup out of a 94. It is alot different than mine. My pump bracket part is a thick piece of alluminum that connects to a sorta hockey stick shaped block bracket. That one wil work though. Tim

I seen that on a friends '95 engine last night, and its a second bracket that bolts to the pump that is basically a piece of angle iron.

yeah it is oem ive sold sevear p-pumps and all the mounting hardware and seen that seup on about 1/2 of them some of the latter has a little beefier bracket on the pump but they all do there job.