pump help please!!

2141pete

Hell I dont know
Ok I'm still having a hard time here. I have checked timing 4 times and tried everything. I have no fuel from the #1 and #2 holders and have a little at #3 getting stronger all the way back to #6 being the strongest. If anyone can help please just call I'm in the shop on my pho now. 910-330-2913

Shut off solenoid working? How much fuel pressure?

I took the solenoid off and zip tied the shutoff lever wide open. I also pulled the return and cycled the pum and it is definetley getting fuel.
Shut off solenoid working? How much fuel pressure?
Thanks for the help on the phone I appreciate it.
good luck man

Well I ended up pulling the pump agaion and I'm gonna pray for a miracle from a few pump shops in the morning. If worst comes to worst I can just throw the VP back on for my trip next weekend but that would SUCK!!! Here is where I am on it. Fuel into the pump is good, rack is not stuck, plungers turn inside the barrels when the rack moves. I Honestly dont know what to do but take it to a shop tomorrow. I put the stock DV's back in it and no change. It also stopped popping out of #6 so hard once I figured out that DV some how made it's way in partially upside down and now I feel lioke an idiot. It will start for a sec on either and I know I put everything together right so I'mn stumpped. Thanks agin for all the help I got on the phone tonight. Hopefully if I can get a good running pump figured out it will be up tomorrow.

im thinking someone screwed you and sold you a bad pump...this is why i dont think i would buy a used pump

What did ya do for the overflow valve Pete??
I used the one I had from the VP and it threaded right in. I can hear it hissing when the LP cycles and I pulled the holders and stuff apart and it is filling the barrells.
im thinking someone screwed you and sold you a bad pump...this is why i dont think i would buy a used pump

I dont think he knew but I'm gonna ask him for more info on it.

this is why i dont think i would buy a used pump

So you are going to buy a new pump??

I used the one I had from the VP and it threaded right in. I can hear it hissing when the LP cycles and I pulled the holders and stuff apart and it is filling the barrells.

I dont think he knew but I'm gonna ask him for more info on it.

How much fuel pressure are you seeing? I'm still betting there isn't enough pressure feeding the pump even if the OFV from the VP is installed.

Enought that with no OFV in it will shoot fuel over the valve cover LOL.

I've been on the phone all morning nobody can get to it today or has one in stock within driving distance.

Well it turns out I got a 175 pump but its alive with a huge thanks to lot of phone help from Rich Buckley.