Pump Numbers....

Red_Rattler

High Tech Redneck
Long story short, my bud sunk a fair bit of money into this pump and it still has the ag style cam in it.

First things first I want to know what he actually started with vs is this a good setup to be sinking this kind of money into vs another pump.

Second how much does running the ag cam cripple this pump setup and hp output. The pump free revs good but under a load it just doesnt have it for an unlimited weight setup and 13mm P&B.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 0
The number that starts with 0402.... is the Bosch ten digit code call a good injection pump shop the should be able to get all specs that you want

pretty sure an 848 is a 190hp pump usually found in buses and medium duty trucks.

if its that its good to hold your boat inplace. i have one should go out and look at the numbers on it

190hp pumps are not "gutless" IMO. i have one on my conversion and it has been great. it has the notched plugers so it kinda sucks in the upper rpm range, but when i drive it i dont get much over 2500 rpms. it was out of a school bus and the only thing i have done was put in 121 DV's, 4gsk, and the afc mods. to the OP i am not sure how the ag cams are as i have never dealt with them. give Seth over at DPE or Weston a call and they should be able to help you out a little bit more.

Long story short, my bud sunk a fair bit of money into this pump and it still has the ag style cam in it.

First things first I want to know what he actually started with vs is this a good setup to be sinking this kind of money into vs another pump.

Second how much does running the ag cam cripple this pump setup and hp output. The pump free revs good but under a load it just doesnt have it for an unlimited weight setup and 13mm P&B.

It is a good pump to start with for a ag pulling pump.

pretty sure an 848 is a 190hp pump usually found in buses and medium duty trucks.

if its that its good to hold your boat inplace. i have one should go out and look at the numbers on it

just looked 848 is a 190hp= gutless

190hp pumps are not "gutless" IMO. i have one on my conversion and it has been great. it has the notched plugers so it kinda sucks in the upper rpm range, but when i drive it i dont get much over 2500 rpms. it was out of a school bus and the only thing i have done was put in 121 DV's, 4gsk, and the afc mods. to the OP i am not sure how the ag cams are as i have never dealt with them. give Seth over at DPE or Weston a call and they should be able to help you out a little bit more.

It isn't a 190hp pump. Note the pump number is 0 402 776 848, not a 0 402 736 848. It's still a 7000 series with 13mm b&p, the cam is less than desirable. But like Kevin already said, it isn't a bad base to build on at all.

i am getting schooled here but i am down to learn. mine is a 736 what is that.I couldent make the thing run right.

I didnt look at the whole number just the last digits. What was the application of this pump originally?

Back