Pump Timing?

powerchoke-eatr

RACING!
so i held the TDC pin in and turned the motor til it fell in place and set my pump in but for some reason its out of timing, possibly the pump got turned some or the key got pushed out. so im gonna pull it back off and redo it, does the pump have to be set back or just the motor? and if the pump does is there only one spot for the set screw on the shaft so it goes back like i got it?:bang

im not following you here, the pump gear is keyed to the shaft, and there are marks that clock the pump gear to the cam gear. timing is adjusted with the slotted holes and position of the injection pump.

thats right. but for some reason its not right. and i dont know if maybe when i slid it into the gear the pump turned some or the key didnt get into the slot right. so when i pull it back off to basically re apply the pump from scratch does it have to be put back in time by an injection shop or can it be done myself?

you can do it yourself. assuming that the timing cover is still on and the pump gear is inside, you need to rotate that pump shaft in order to get the keyways to line up, then slide the pump in the gear.

yeah everything is on. so i dont need to have the pump re-timed? it doesnt matter as long as it lines up?

do you have a service manual,it has where to line up the timing marks,i dont have my book here with me its with my new motor at a friends house