push button ignition

thedieselelf

sleeper
does any one know how to wire a push button ignition up to a 2003 auto
i know you got to have acc switch a on off switch and the push button but i dont know which wires will go where to remove key

You're gonna have to do some surgery on the steering column if you wanna get rid of the key altogether...it also unlocks the column so the wheel will turn.

Dissableing the wheel lock aint that hard.

Problem is its a car thief's dream.

its my off road truck sits in a con when not being used so if you get in it you where determined desabling the gear shift lock and the steering wheel lock not hard just need to get my hands on a wiring diagram of the harness so i can make what i want to work

I remember reading years ago on DTR where a guy installed the push button start from the SRT-10 on his CR. Don't remember the details though.

i have been researching a pushbutton start switch for my 02 f250 with 7.3L. my solution will be to install a 3 position rocker switch and a pushbutton. you have to find a switch and pushbutton that have a current rating high enough to carry the load of the power on circuit and start circuit. get the power schematic for your vehicle and see what guage of wire is on your starter switch and current of circuit.

well i picked up the same gauge wire and colors on back of ignition switch
i bought a two position on off key switch, a two post push button industrial gauge, and a two position toggle switch am i gonna have to get a three position key switch to get it to work for the run position the way i was gonna do it was run the key switch as the on off toggle that you see on all the kits then run the push to actually start it then the toggle for acc am i gonna have to run a thee position switchwhere i have the key going for the run postion or is there a way around that