pyro probe on a 6.7 question

weazel

5th gear killer
wheres the most accurate spot to install the pyro probe on a 6.7? ive deleted the egr, so i have the option to drill and tap one of the plates... thanks in advance!

the most accurate is going to be in the manifold wher it turns down to go into the turbo but I didnt want to risk shavings going into the turbo and didnt want ot take it off wither so I drilled the FRONT plate for my egr cooler dlete and it works fine it may be 100 coller than actual but much easier and much safer to do. the front plate is more accurate than the rear and also still allows the rear plate to be used for a wastegate kit

ok cool deal! thanks for the info! i wanted to stick it in the collector part of the manifold, but i dont have a 90* drill to get in there, and dont want to pull the manifold off either... the only other option for me would be to drill into the manifold before the ports meet together, closer to say the number 3 cylinder.. thats where the probe was on my 03.. i may take a look tonight and decide what i want to do. but that front plate youre talking about sure does sound like an easy good idea, LOL!