Quad Commander Help

BC06PSD

Hairless Cat Aficionado
I just started installing my commander, thanks to Discount Diesel for a great price and quick delivery. I'm hoping someone can help me with a quick question. I'm trying to tie into the MAP sensor and I'm second guessing myself on which wire. Does anyone know if its the green wire with the black strip. I don't want to tie in at the connector but into the wire loom.

TIA

Did Quad get all the functions on the Commander to work yet? Last I knew there were a bunch of bugs to work out

He's right, I just re-installed my TS performance MPD with the heads up, and it was the green with Black.

No they haven't worked out ALL the bugs!

I just sent mine back after only having it for 3 months.
The background lighting would fade in and out,the boost quit working then would come and go and the fuel pressure connector going to the regulator cracked and sprayed diesel all over the freakn motor.

I called them and told them the issues and they said to update the flash and let them know if it helped...it didn't.
I sent it back and all the did was flash it AGAIN and I recieved it Thursday and hooked it back up and the boost still doesn't work and my fuel pressure is reading 13psi higher than it should.They are not going to like the phone call that they are going to get Monday morning from me!

This thing is a POS and I'm going to install REAL gauges.
nummit said:
Did Quad get all the functions on the Commander to work yet? Last I knew there were a bunch of bugs to work out

iracemx6 said:
No they haven't worked out ALL the bugs!

I just sent mine back after only having it for 3 months.
The background lighting would fade in and out,the boost quit working then would come and go and the fuel pressure connector going to the regulator cracked and sprayed diesel all over the freakn motor.

I called them and told them the issues and they said to update the flash and let them know if it helped...it didn't.
I sent it back and all the did was flash it AGAIN and I recieved it Thursday and hooked it back up and the boost still doesn't work and my fuel pressure is reading 13psi higher than it should.They are not going to like the phone call that they are going to get Monday morning from me!

This thing is a POS and I'm going to install REAL gauges.

There is some gauges in the for sale section.

This is the first time I've heard of bugs with the commander. Mines installed and seems to be working properly. As for real gauges, I did order real gauges but the vendor I ordered them from never got my order right. In fact I'm still waiting on the rest of my order from 1 month ago to come in so I can return it to be refunded. Very long story.

Thanks for the help guys.

I have talked to several people that have had the same issues as me.

Mine worked fine for 3 months and honestly I think most of the issues are coming from excessive heat buildup in the truck plus direct sunlight.
It's not a bad monitor if it works like it's supposed to.
BC06PSD said:
This is the first time I've heard of bugs with the commander. Mines installed and seems to be working properly. As for real gauges, I did order real gauges but the vendor I ordered them from never got my order right. In fact I'm still waiting on the rest of my order from 1 month ago to come in so I can return it to be refunded. Very long story.

Thanks for the help guys.

Well my Commander has turned out to be a POS. First was the screen randomly going blank, then my fuel pressure reading started going crazy. Now my water temperature is shooting from the normally high reading of 205-210 degrees to 260 back down to 205ish every second or so.

I have lost faith in this unit and am getting ready to contact DJ Diesel Performance to return the unit if something cannot be done.

These are the same stories I was reading about LAST year. I am surprised they are not fixed yet

ciscofreak said:
Well my Commander has turned out to be a POS. First was the screen randomly going blank, then my fuel pressure reading started going crazy. Now my water temperature is shooting from the normally high reading of 205-210 degrees to 260 back down to 205ish every second or so.

I have lost faith in this unit and am getting ready to contact DJ Diesel Performance to return the unit if something cannot be done.

Now that you mention it, mine does the exact same thing when I first fire it up in the morning...then it seems to calm down and go back to normal. :bang

I've had mine for almost a year and no problems here. However, i never installed the the fuel pressure kit as the instructions were for a Dodge and the vendors I've contacted don't seem to want my business. Probably need to call DJ and Viv no wthat they sell the Commander.

Back