Question about charger pipeing

Lostnwalmart

is there any performance to be gained from using larger pipesfrom primary to the seconday turbo, say 3 in pipe vrs 4 in pipe, (not well into the whole fluid dynamics crap) will a 4 inch pipe cause turbulence and not flow as well as a 3 in? or does this all depend on the size of your chargers?

anyone? if the size of pipeing dosent matter then hell im almost ready to go if it does hmmmm

size of piping has a direct relation to laminar flow. The calculations used are often based off the air velocity inside the tubing. I can't remember the exact velocity = point of diminishing returns, but there is definitely a too small of a pipe and too large as well. if you really want me to check into it I can dig out the books and get the calculations and such.

Ken

Someone had the calculations up a while ago and there wasn't a huge differance between 3.5" and 4".

There really isn't much difference between 3.5 and 4, although they visual look like there would be a huge difference.

I did a bunch of calculating when I figured intake tube size for comparing a BHAF, AEM, KN, etc. etc. Pretty much came to the conclusion there isn't much to be gained by going over 4".

In what setup?? In a towing/street use its not very critical. Whats more important is nice smooth bends.Also the transitions from the first stage to the inlet of the small charger.

it would be towing/ street, and thanks guys ill go with some 3.5 in pipeing thanks guys