Question about noise

ETH/DEE

Fick mich
So Ive been daily driving my conversion for about 3 months now and everything is fine, except the truck is very noisy ever since the conversion. It sounds like its mainly in the pump. the only way i can describe it is that it seems like the pump is very knocky. The pump is a stock 160k? 913, 18* timing, with a homemade plate.

What im thinking is, the injectors are BD 80hp sticks that are still set at VP pop off pressure and the conversion lines are the small ones .078?. Could the combination of the sticks set wrong and the small diameter lines be causing excessive case pressure in the pump (if thats even possible) and therefore causing the loud knock. Again, the motor runs fine, starts fine, everything is in check. Im just curious why this thing is so damn loud. If i can ill try and get a video up so ya'll can hear what im talking about.

Just looking for a little input/advice and im tired of the header at the top of the page telling me i havent posted in weeks.

Thanks, Aaron

I guess you just wanted to get rid of the header telling you you haven't posted in a while :hehe: Lay off the weed it's making you paranoid, it's suppose to sound like that :Cheer:

Mine is noisy also but just to be safe I would recheck my timing. I ran mine for around six months everyone said yeah it will be noisy yada yada yada. Then I checked my timing and it was twice what it was supposed to be.

Lay off the weed it's making you paranoid, it's suppose to sound like that :Cheer:

I guess, it just seems excessive to me. i might try a bigger set of lines and get my 200s set up for Ppump use. i think ill check the timing too next time i get down to the shop(whenever that is). Wanna look up some sh!t on Quickserve for me?:poke::Cheer:

What tool are you talking about that makes timing easy? Im just gettin in to these p-pumps as I will be doing the swap on my 2000 very soon (tryin to gather up parts).

What tool are you talking about that makes timing easy? Im just gettin in to these p-pumps as I will be doing the swap on my 2000 very soon (tryin to gather up parts).

This one:

Timingtool.jpg

My buddy and I made a few, and it makes timing real easy.

Back