Question for you Ford boys

90dodge

Always Broke
Hello guys, I've got a quick question. I know it may be loaded, and there could be range of answers, but I want to know. lol

Theres a guy here in town, who several people want to run, but doesn't ever seem to want to. (even though he talks about racing it quite a bit)

Its a 6.0, with "$8000 put into the engine over the summer," nitrous, but apparently has stock injectors. I've also never heard of him talking about what these trucks need such as the egr fix and head studs.

Its got somewhere around a 6" lift and 35 or 36'' tires.

So, where do you guys think hes at? Horsepower and 1/4.
:poke: Is it even worth our time wondering?

P.S. If this is your truck, please enlighten me. haha :Cheer:

Hard to say without knowing what is actually done...

I will say a bone stock 6.0 with just a custom tuned SCT should be in the 420-430 rwhp range, and will run a 13.8-14.2 depending on bed/cab configuration typically. I don't know how he would have sunk $8k and still be with stock injectors, unless he put 8 new stock injectors in it. No matter what he's doing, nitrous or not, there's likely not enough fuel to break 500 rwhp on stock injectors. Some have gotten close, but I don't believe I've seen any over that.

This is all assuming he's using good tuning and knows how to do a boosted launch appropriately.

That was kind of my thought. I figured if he had different injectors he could really boogie. I don't get why he would leave stock injectors in either. He claimed 13 flat on nitrous last truck meet we had, but even that seemed skeptical with stock injectors, and a lifted 4 door with big tires.

I'm glad you agree, hopefully we'll find out when we have a day at the track.
It should be an interesting conclusion.

There are a few "fast" trucks around here as well, every town has them. Some flat billed idiot puts a tuner on Daddy's truck and suddenly it is the fastest around....until you call them out. Than, of course, something is wrong and they can't run you. :bang

Take the lift off and put smaller tires on with sct and a delete and they are damn quick for a stock truck.
Theres a kid around me with the same thing, lifted 1,000,000,000 hp flat bill stock 6.oh.

WIth stock injectors, stock turbo, and nitrous I was running 12.5's. On fuel I was running 13.3's. My truck was an extracab shortbed, not a crewcab though. And that was with the tailgate off, no spare, and some other items removed. Race weight with me was 7000lbs. I had Proxes on it also. If he does have nitrous, with the tires he has on it I would think it should be mid to low 13 capable. For reference, on my old truck I lost 3-4 tenths going from the stock height and tires to a 6" lift and 37x13.5's.

Last edited:
Dang you've got a good running truck. Do the fords not have death wobble issues with those lifts in 4wd launch?

Glad you posted Danny, your truck was sort of a freak too, but it just goes to show you it's not impossible.

My supercab/shortbed truck ran a 14.25 with 34" super swampers (these tires were heavy as hell) with just Innovatives extreme street, so it didn't even have a converter lock up, had a passenger and a toolbox full of tools too. That was also huffing through the stock exhaust with cat and muffler in place.