Question on 4bt cummins project

KingS

What and where are you getting them, are you guys using for a transmission behind the 4BT motor I got a buddy that want to put a 4BT in his S10 and need to know what to use for the transmission thanks for you help.

You can use Just about any trans you want. Some of ford trans, some hove shevy trans. IF the S-10 has a 4l60 you could use that, but you will have to use a stand-alone controller for it. The transmissions that are behind them from the box trucks are not overdrive.

NV4500 + 241 FTW!! That's whats going on in the Jeep anyway.

Thanks guys I will relay the info on to my buddy thanks.

a 6bt has been put into an s10 already a while back:rockwoot: the firewall was very altered though:hehe: Rich

a 6bt has been put into an s10 already a while back:rockwoot: the firewall was very altered though:hehe: Rich
I've only found 4 pictures of that build... Any idea on where the rest of them are?

Im not sure what became of it but the builder was a member of TDR .
I think both of the rear cylinders were under the dash.:eek:
My brother plans to build one but he wants to stretch the bed and put the engine in the back.

Im not sure what became of it but the builder was a member of TDR .
I think both of the rear cylinders were under the dash.:eek:
My brother plans to build one but he wants to stretch the bed and put the engine in the back.
There's nothing wrong with cylinders close enough to reach out and pet them. It makes a animals go faster so it must make a truck do the same thing, right? LOL

Your brother's idea sounds like a wheel stander.

There's nothing wrong with cylinders close enough to reach out and pet them. It makes a animals go faster so it must make a truck do the same thing, right? LOL

People might look at you funny if they see you petting the engine but all of us here would understand :hehe:

I say put the 6cyl in it but a ext cab would be a good idea so the seat can be set back to make up for the relocated firewall LOL

You ever get sick of hearing what can't be done over there? "You can't put a 6BT into an S10, it's too heavy." "It's impossible to make over 350hp with a 4bt."

Is your ride posted over there?

No. I hardly ever vist that site but it could be good for someone to get some basic info on a 4bt.

No. I hardly ever vist that site but it could be good for someone to get some basic info on a 4bt.
LOL Sorry, that came off kinda negative. 4btswaps is a great resource for part numbers and odd-ball parts that I've only dreamed about.