Question(s) about selling a low mile trans

Exodus

Guys, i bought a 06 cummins with the trans and 273 on the back of it for a cummins swap. I didn't want the trans, but it was a package deal and the guy wouldn't split them up. The combo has 35,000 miles (56,000KM) on it.

I'm an honest person and will not lie or mislead anyone in a sale. I could have sold this trans 10 times over, but everyone asks if the truck has been chipped/tuned. As soon as i tell them yes it had a tune, i never hear back from them. This trans is like new!!! I paid a good chunk of change for the combo. I'm asking 1500 for the trans and 273, is this too much? Should i split them up? There is no way this trans should be sold as a core.

I'm really at a loss here. What do you guys think?

Thanks guys

I paid a grand for a stock running condition 48re complete with tc an flexplate. I would say your price is in line IF you can guarantee the condition of it.

I sold a used and abused stock-ish 47re with tc and flex plate for $500. I could have gotten more. I tossed in on CL, got a TON of calls, and it was gone four hours later.

I'd say $1500 for a solid 48re sounds about right.

I was thinking I saw core 48s going for 1k, Id say your right in line on price. Nobody wants a Trans without a gaurentee of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Not sure what kind of personal warranties you guys give. I spent a huge chunk of change buying the combo and when i asked about a warranty, the seller said sure.... you have warranty until you leave my driveway.

I always worry the installer might crush the front pump installing it and then i get the blame. I've seen it happen before.

I always worry the installer might crush the front pump installing it and then i get the blame. I've seen it happen before.

I build them on the side and have guys do exactly that. Hard to deny they forced it in when a ear is broke off the bell housing. Lol

I would say that's a fair price for both parties.

I just sold a stock 48re with 85k on it for $1350. I'd say your right in line or maybe even a tad low

It's near $1,000 for core value trans alone so yes fair price.
Post it in seattle as well as BC somebody needs it.
Canadians are a little tight sometimes lol
Find a shop that will do the swap on a fixed bid and you guys figure out what to do if it's broken. FLUSH the truck well before install or his junk might damage a good trans.

Back