question?

diesel_ram_man

what are the benefit of running titanium retainers and hardened keepers on a 12v? I saw them on Woodruff's site and was curious to the benefits.

Thanks,
Charley

If you are running anything less than 4k RPM sustained, they are to no advantage. If you are running over in this rpm range sustained with 60lb springs, the stockers will bend or break over time.

Travis

i have never sustained over 4k in my duallly, it had been over but not really sustained. and i got lucky, they were pulling through on all the intake valves. i put ti retainers and keepers in all my stuff that gets a 4k now.

Wes...c'mon, what if he had his cummins running less than 1 rotation per minute...then he could type RPM's...correct? Rotation per minutes...gotta nice ring to it. lol. Quick question while you guys are looking for titanium keepers/retainers for a cummins, anyone stumble across some for a 7.3IDI turbo diesel?

I thought you used retainers after you get your braces off........

Smokem said:
What psi springs did you have on the intake side?
what ever came with the 4k kit from peirs. semi behive shape with the white line painted on them.

so are you saying my dually and my 98 are going to fall apart or what? i have 20k on the retainers in both trucks.

Back