questions about an 04

BlackStroker

Got an 04 6.0 with 75,000 miles on it. The ends of the stabalizer bar have popped out, like the rubber is not holding it in there, is there a recall on this or do I need to buy new ends or whats the deal? Also, i did brakes on it today and while test driving it after doing the brakes I noticed the brake pedal feels real squishy for the first 2-3 inches of travel, the brakes work well now but the pedal just doesn't feel right, I also noticed a strange noise coming from the engine and then it came threw the brake pedal as I was stopping, checked the P/S fluid it was low and bubbly, added fluid, noise went away, but the pedal is still not right, anyone else had this happen? Do the P/S pumps go out on these things? Is that covered under warrenty?

You are out of warranty on the truck. Sway bar end links are a wear item just like the brake pads. Power Steering pump actuates the hydroboost for the brakes. If the fluid is low and you get air in the hydroboost you will have some funky braking. But since you just did brakes. You need to bleed the air from the lines. What would be recommended would be to also put a vacuum on the power steering system and then turn the wheel back and forth and pump the brakes to get out any air from the system. Power steering pumps typically fail completely through a broken shaft or blowing out.

Back