Questions for both strokers...

3Deez

Hey. I've got an edge evolution cts on my 01 with pmrs,is it safe for my rods until I can get a gearhead chip? Also, my SCT tuner should be here tomorrow for my 6.0. If I put the cts on the 6.0 to monitor egts etc. Would that be ok to use with the sct? Thanks for any help!

won't make enough power to break the rods but the turbo is a different story

The edge won't hurt the motor or the turbo, but it's hard on the Trans. As far as the cts for monitoring, a lot of guys do that

The edge won't hurt the motor or the turbo, but it's hard on the Trans. As far as the cts for monitoring, a lot of guys do that

What he said. I've got the CTS for gauges on mine as well as running an SCT with custom tunes. The CTS is awesome for monitoring.

OK. Thanks. Should I expect to blow head gaskets with the SCT from innovative diesel on head bolts,or do some hold together without studs? I paid extra for some kind of extreme tune.

They're all different. Mine hasn't puked a drop yet. My truck before this started puking after about a month but I ran it like that for quite some time, even spraying it at the track. I just added water/coolant as needed. But generally you should be prepared to do studs as you just never know.

even the good running stock 6.0s need studs, but the way i look at it is that its hard to fix something that was never right to begin with

even the good running stock 6.0s need studs, but the way i look at it is that its hard to fix something that was never right to begin with

Huh? Have you ever even owned a 6.0? I've had both and I'll take a 6.0 anyday over another 7.3.

yes i had one everything about the truck was better except for the engine

Put 400-450 hp to your stock 7.3 parts and trans and see how they hold up. :lolly:

Put 400-450 hp to your stock 7.3 parts and trans and see how they hold up. :lolly:

Done...

Do something about the trans... BTS VB and a better TC...

Put a van turbo or a 38R on it...

Enjoy the truck.

Back