Questions on Airdog Install

eb4strom

Started my Airdog FP-150 install today, and I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can answer. The instructions said to leave the return line hooked up from the OEM filter back to the tank, why? What about the original fuel line? Just leave it unhooked? Won't that vent the tank?? Are the fuel line fittings checked or do I need to plug it?

My other question concerns the original fuel filter. If the Airdog is powered through the ECM from the original lift pump harness, what about the sensors on the OEM fuel filter?? I believe one is a water in fuel sensor and the other is?? Are these just left to fool the ECM?

Any help is appreciated.

The return line is left hooked up to return fuel to the tank unless you remove the factory fuel filter housing and install a delete kit. Its not necessary but it cleans up the engine compartment. The original feedline at the CP3 is just pushed to the side and left unhooked. There again you can do several things to clean it up but not necessary either. It wont hurt anything to leave it unhooked out of the way. No need to plug anything just follow instructions in the book. The sensors can be left plugged in if you keep the factory canister in place or if deleted you can just tie them back out of the way and they will be fine with no engine light or issues leaving them unplugged.

Hey Chris, thanks for the INFO.

OK, little clarification. Do I leave the original fuel line hooked up at the fuel tank? Then just leave the banjo fitting off the injector pump?

It's been a bit since I did mine, but I thought the pump return went to the factory supply fitting. Original engine bay return stayed in place on the tank, and install a new in tank pickup. Once that is done you run new lines to the VP and bypass the factory filter.

I am assuming you have the full meal deal airdog with filters and not the pump only unit. If you are installing the pump only unit then yes, you will use the factory filter unit and leave it hooked up. If you are using the full meal deal unit with filters I would just remove the original factory supply line, pump and filter housing. You can unplug them with no issues.

If you do remove all of the above, remember to replace the lift pump mount bracket and the bolts holding the filter housing on. Just stack some washers under the heads to get the thickness correct as the bolts are to long.