questions on building 12 valve

2006psd

hey yall im looking to build a 12 valve to put in my chevy. here some questions i have.
can i fly cut new stock pistons ? i have an idea for a cam that requires flycuts
do i need to change the pistons to run a 24 valve head?
im looking at a set of 7x12 injectors would this be to much for an hx35/hx40

im trying to build this truck to be a sleeper and hook it to the sled possibly on an occasion.

if you search, you should be able to find all the help you need. yes you can fly cut new pistons. If you run a 24v head yes you will need 24v pistons. Spend some time with the search function and you will find what you need.

Injectors are far to large for that either of those turbos. Search more.

What horsepower you looking to achieve? Those injectors are to much for either of those turbos.

you will be more than happy with a Hamilton cam that doesn't require fly cut pistons, if your going with 7x12s you need at least a 62/65/14. I ran a 62 with 5x14s and it was hot but made power, but a cam will also make it run somewhat cooler. just my $.02

Why would he be happier with just a drop in cam? You don't start having fun til you have to cut valve reliefs for a large cam

If he's just going to run a 35/40, there's no point in a big camshaft. It won't have enough air to make power at high enough rpm to make use of it. You'll lose some low end with camshaft, and won't have enough air for the top end.

Now if he plans on flycutting and decking the head, ect, to get less valve depth or protrusion, to gain low lift flow, that's a different story.

Stick with the 12V.

Back