Quick fill cam for P7100?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Do you have a quick fill cam for P7100 available?

We have several available. One that has a similar opening ramp as a 913 but after injection it comes down instantly for fill. This would be best served for 12mm pumps. For 13mm pumps with high rpm I suggest the use of a different cam, slightly less lift and slightly less fill time. If you run high rpm in a p-7100 with 13mm p&b's there is not enough spring pressure on the tappet to keep the roller in contact with the cam at all times. What happens is at high rpm after the roller goes over the nose of the cam there is not enough pressure to keep it seated and it ends up hitting the closing ramp of the cam half-way down, and then bouncing on the base circle. To combat this we put a more rounded nose on the cam and then give it enough of a closing ramp to let it down easy. We had looked at doing performance springs on the p-pump, but there was not enough interest. We had also looked at doing a cam for driveability with pilot injection using a major inverse ramp, but again not much interest. It seems most everybody just wants new stuff for the C.R. engine. If you want one cut you need to send yours in to Colt Cams in B.C.

Zach

Is it possible to buy grind cam without my core?

I am located in middle of nowhere (just read : europe) and to sent pump cam to US is too costly.:badidea:

If you run high rpm in a p-7100 with 13mm p&b's there is not enough spring pressure on the tappet to keep the roller in contact with the cam at all times. What happens is at high rpm after the roller goes over the nose of the cam there is not enough pressure to keep it seated and it ends up hitting the closing ramp of the cam half-way down, and then bouncing on the base circle.

And beats the cam and rollers up.........ask me how I know this.....X3! Columbus Diesel changes the springs and coats the pins and rollers to combat this issue and I do know there cam profile is slightly different than the one Piers did back in 03'.

Jim

Zach,

I'm interested in the quick rate cam for a 12mm pump, can you PM me a price to have my core ground into one. Also, turnaround time.

Thanks,

Jesse

Since this is a vendor forum I believe I can just post prices. The cam is $450. They have been used in many a high hp pump. If you are doing something really crazy or super high rpm, we can help design something custom that will meet all of your needs.

Zach Hamilton