quick question

blackcloudCTD95

What is a VP tune from idp. Other then its suppose to be the cats meow? Does it make the truck sound like a vp44 truck?

All you need now is a smoke switch and a lope tune. :hehe: :Cheer:

That's about it the truck goes to a single injection event. Hence the "vp" sound.

Ryan
How much extra power does it give the truck? I tried to look it up on the you tube but it was a crappy quality. But it said he had a single s475 and it was spooling it good. With no smoke I was very impressed..

All you need now is a smoke switch and a lope tune. :hehe: :Cheer:

Smoke switch is use less on my truck considering it doesn't smoke at all . :Cheer:

How much better is efi in general over the smarty? I knowbthe smarty is a smoke pig...

EFI live is the best tuner available

Sent from phone

Efi live isn't a tuner. Efi is simply a software. The quality is going to depend on who writes the tunes. And the vp tune has no set in stone power level. IMO it would be useless to make a truck rattle like that for no power gain. But different strokes for different folks.

Ryan

You know what I meant, splitting hairs... but to better answer the op question, EFI is much better than smarty imo... the single injection event tunes, 12v tunes, whatever you want to call them, as I have heard, supposedly no profound change in performance or mileage, barely noticeable either way, but the sound is different... now that's just what I've heard... talk to a couple vendors on here like Anarchy or Starlite for more details and a better description

Sent from phone

You know what I meant, splitting hairs... but to better answer the op question, EFI is much better than smarty imo... the single injection event tunes, 12v tunes, whatever you want to call them, as I have heard, supposedly no profound change in performance or mileage, barely noticeable either way, but the sound is different... now that's just what I've heard... talk to a couple vendors on here like Anarchy or Starlite for more details and a better description

Sent from phone

Correct I do know but the op or someone else reading this thinking on efi may not have and may have bought a v2 expecting it to be plug and play like smarty.

Ryan

Anarchy does a single injection event tune as well, they call it their 12v tune I believe.

CMIIW, but doesn't mechanical injection "chatter" the injectors, rather have an ECM "pulse" them?

Eh, I might be off on my description, but mechanical injection isn't just one direct pulse, I know that much.

Mark.

CMIIW, but doesn't mechanical injection "chatter" the injectors, rather have an ECM "pulse" them?

Eh, I might be off on my description, but mechanical injection isn't just one direct pulse, I know that much.

Mark.

Your correct its still different but the "mechanical injection rattle" is there. I don't understand what the big thing is about making a cr sound like a 12/24v

Ryan

It is strictly a sound tune from anyone. Seems counterproductive to take a $40K common rail and make it sound like a $5k 12 valve, but give the people what they want. It does not do any harm so I gave in a started doing them.

Then in a way its kinda like a lope tune on a PSD. No gain just changes the sound? Personally I love the knock of a VP truck. IMO one of the best sounding diesel motors. But unlike a useless lope tune you can still make power and drive it on a VP tune?

In another comparison its taking the "double shot" out of the injection cycle and just doing a single shot?

Like the 7.3 guys going from double shot injectors and running singles. ( makes a SD truck sound like a obs )

Thank you for the input

Does it only make the rattle at an idle? Or does it give a CR the good deep exhaust sound of a second gen?

Back