Quick ?

DOUBLE NICKEL

A buddy of mine has a 03 3500 with a 5 spd. and he said that all of a sudden when he hits about 2500 rpm's that the truck has no more and that it just levels out!!! The truck is all stock and I thought that maybe it just begins to de fuel at that point but he said that it didn't use to do that! Any suggestions on what might be causing this??? Thanks!

Did you check for codes... like hard ones ?

Sounds a bit like limp mode, does the truck have much power up to 2500 RPM or is it gutless as well?

No codes and manual, maybe a boost leak at certain pressure.

ramctd said:
No codes and manual, maybe a boost leak at certain pressure.

Very well could be, check all of the clamps for tightness at the turbo, intercooler, and intake horn. check the bolts that hold the intake horn to the grid heater also. Wouldn't be a fuel problem, could it?

Change the fuel filter lately? Stock lift pump? Check that stuff.

Check FP, air filter, and possibly the wastegate. Any way you can hook a boost gauge up too it temporarily? Only things I can think of without it throwing a code?

Okay he is actually out of town until friday but when he gets back I am going to take a look at it! I did ask him if the fuel filter had been replaced lately and he said no so I will do that and if that doesent help I will check all the clamps and stick a pressure gauge on it!

Yeah I just talked to him a little while ago and he said he drove it lastnight again and it seemed to be better...he might have just gotten some bad diesel.

Fuel filter did the trick...truck runs smoother and has a full power ban again...and he said the overhead is now reading 22.4mpg.