Race Ready!

cj41foley

Pedal To The Metal
Alright fellas, time to play the game! I have a best 1/8th mile time of 8.96 with a 1.89 60' time. So far my truck only has a SCT without custom tunes on it and a half azz exhaust, stock downpipe and gutted cat then 4" pipe turned out in front of rear tire with 6" tip. I want to upgrade the downpipe and lose the cat. I want to get on down into the mid to low 8's. I'm 2wd and traction is a issue right now. Here's my plan
17X10 wheels for the rear with some kind of drag radial or slick
traction bars
Nitrous
and a Race tune from Doug@GoGoDiesel, I'm waiting to get my SCT unlocked so I can download this race file, problem is I can't get in touch with any techs at SCT.
I can already run a 8.96 with a no boost launch. I'm hoping to cut maybe 2 tenths off my 60' time with slicks and a boosted launch, that'd get me around a 8.76, then with the nitrous how much can I expect to knock off my 1/8 th mile time? Maybe another 3 or 4 tenths? Maybe more???If it was another 3 tenths that would put me at 8.46, does this sound about right? I would like to get on down in the low 8's but I'm not gonna spend the money on sticks and a turbo. Nitrous, slicks and tractions bars is gonna have to be it. How much more would DJ's fuel intensifier help out? Thanks fellas, Jason

Holiday Beach Raceway in Tuscaloosa County Alabama, thats leaving the tree at 1200 RPM's, any more and it would take off spinning all the way down the track. Unbroken, tell me what IU need to get to mid to low 8's, PLEASE!

You pulled a 1.8 in a 2x4 on stock tires. I pull a 1.8 in a 4x4 with a hard boosted launch. You sure?

Yep, I left the line at 1200RPM's, and floored it when the light's dropped, it put me back in the seat a little bit. They had the VHT or whatever the stuff is on the track that night. Normally my 60' time is around 2.0 and I run about a 9.01-9.06. When I ran the 8.96 it cut a 1.89 60' and it felt good. Surely if I left the line at more than 1200 RPM's it would drop on down. Sometime my truck hooks at the track pretty decent and sometimes it doesn't. Oh by the way, I have a chest type tool box that normally sits against the cab but I moved it up against the tailgate and put a strap across it, might weigh 200lbs with everything in it. I also aired down my factory Pirelli's to ( I think around 25 or 28 lbs ) this seemed to help out a decent bit when compared to running 65 or 70 lbs normally.

Last edited:
Mooring Product said:
You pulled a 1.8 in a 2x4 on stock tires. I pull a 1.8 in a 4x4 with a hard boosted launch. You sure?

He's SURE that YOU suck at launching:kick: :hehe:

If he's pulling anything below a 2.0 he is doing dang good with a 2 wheel drive!

Most 4 wheel drives pull mid 1.80's.

I pull 1.74's with nitrous and 38-40psi all the way around.

For a cheap pick-me-up add some straps to your leaf springs, they worked wonders on my old 2wd Powerstroke. My record was a bunch of 2.0x's on some CRAPPY tracks with street tries, so your 1.89 is totally believable!

B18B1LS1 said:
For a cheap pick-me-up add some straps to your leaf springs, they worked wonders on my old 2wd Powerstroke. My record was a bunch of 2.0x's on some CRAPPY tracks with street tries, so your 1.89 is totally believable!

Please explain these straps on leaf springs?