Race tune???s

6SLOW

i just got erics race tune for you guys that are running this tune how many daily drive with it? i just took mine for a little test drive and when it shifts it jerks around does the trans need to learn the program? i know its different because of the converter locking up in 2nd just need to see how yours reacts.mine also shifts into 3rd and hesitates but other than that its a fast *****

The race file can be driven daily. It will take some getting used to, but you won't want to joke around with some street file now that you know what your truck can do!
I think the lag in the shifting is the fuel working through the motor. If you have the meth of spray on, it'll clear that right up. It's just some extra fuel hanging out in the motor, that's my thought for that.

i just got home from work and all i can say is wow it shifts a bit hard cruising but wot it gets down to business and my egts go to 1400 and back down to 1250 without the meth (im out of washer fluid) im on 37" tires and i can get a 3rd gear chirp :rockwoot: im more than satisfied

Sometimes you need to back the shift pressure down a few percent on Eric's race files. I've heard as much as 15%. I've also heard of the 3-5 hesitation from a few people but mine doesn't do it. You may want to talk to Eric about that and see if he can fix that for you.

ill call and talk to him tomorrow. Wish i was on 35s or 33s now

Last edited:
i use my extreme street as a daily driver, itdoes not have the converter lockup. it shifts great and runs hard, i think i a going to purchase the race tune for the converter lockup though, get a little more out of it. either adjust your shift points or have eric adjust it for you. he will get it dialed in perfect

the shift is fine now i have about 100 miles and its getting better it was shifting hard enough to knock my cupholder out of the dash lol but now that has learned it dont i love this tune

That's good to hear. Some trans strategies will shift fine from the time the tune loads and others seem to take time to learn. One thing you will see is that if you do a lot of stop and go city driving it will learn to shift lazy.

Whenever I do a lot of city driving and can't romp on it the shifting will start to become delayed and lazy. After reloading the tune it's back to normal again.

Do yall know the estimated Hp/Tq gains from the race tune? And any Black Smoke?

I was running a modified Xtreme Race tune with the mods in my sig (except for the lift and tires). I dynoed at 425rwhp and 799rwtq at Kauffman Motorsports.

They are pretty stout tunes and you will not be dissapointed with them one bit.

ya i kinda wish i was leveled again and smaller times but the srt4 neon was a bit suprised last night lol he couldnt beleive a big truck walked the dog on him to 100mph

Way to use the tunes for the best cause, the pitty and degrading of urban rice!!

Back