racing seats I need help

I have the Forza fixed back in mine. I've sat in them for mockup and mounting but haven't had a chance to drive in them. I'm 5'11" and 210-230lbs and they are snug but you'll know for sure you're not going anywhere. Plus it gives me more incentive to lose the weight I've been needing to. The wide version would be a little more forgiving but the standard are actually comfy.

photo_zps2b90e7db.jpg

Anyone else have pictures they can share? Those Corbeaus look awesome

Opinions on pro car seats?

Scat makes some great looking seats. They are used a lot in the show-car world and probably by the Fast & Furious crowd but as far as I can tell NONE of them are safety rated at all... If you want the looks of a race seat on a budget go for it, but if you want the looks, performance and safety of a race seat. Buy an actual race seat like a Corbeau, Sparco, Recarro or Mastercraft. If something bad happens, you'll be glad you spent a couple hundred extra dollars!!!

Are the reclining seats safety rated? Or will I have issues at the track with them?

Ryan

Are the reclining seats safety rated? Or will I have issues at the track with them?

Ryan
I think it would depend on if your just looking to throw in a racing seat for looks or if you are at the level for a roll bar or cage. With a cage if you are running a racing seat the rulebook says you need 4 mounting bolts on the bottom of the seat and 2 that tie it into the rear crossbar.

I think it would depend on if your just looking to throw in a racing seat for looks or if you are at the level for a roll bar or cage. With a cage if you are running a racing seat the rulebook says you need 4 mounting bolts on the bottom of the seat and 2 that tie it into the rear crossbar.

I'm at the level of needing a cage and I was thinking it had to be bolted but when I was talking to the cage builder it wasn't mentioned to me

Ryan

I'm at the level of needing a cage and I was thinking it had to be bolted but when I was talking to the cage builder it wasn't mentioned to me

Ryan
Yea it definitely has to be according to rule book. I did my cage and seat over the summer and had the rule book next to me. Seat has to be stationary. No sliders. Seat bracket has to mount to frame, cage, or factory seat mount location. 4 bolts in bottom, 2 in back. Rulebook says harness needs to be mounted to frame or factory location for lap and dick belt. I made my seat bracket and mounted it to factory location and have my lap and dick belt bolted to that bracket. I can take some pictures if it helps.

Yea it definitely has to be according to rule book. I did my cage and seat over the summer and had the rule book next to me. Seat has to be stationary. No sliders. Seat bracket has to mount to frame, cage, or factory seat mount location. 4 bolts in bottom, 2 in back. Rulebook says harness needs to be mounted to frame or factory location for lap and dick belt. I made my seat bracket and mounted it to factory location and have my lap and dick belt bolted to that bracket. I can take some pictures if it helps.

Great info, getting ready to cage the truck. Do you use the NHRA rule book? I checked the NHRDA site and nothing specific listed, just general rules.

Yes I used nhra rulebook. I didn't look to hard to find an nhrda rule book but whatever rules I found there pertained more to the truck per class than cage itself. When you get a chassis certified its still done by an nhra tech so that's what I went by. Plus look at it this way, the tracks you may go to are going to be nhra sanctioned. Not nhrda sanctioned. So when the tech is checking your stuff the nhra rulebook is what they know. So far I have been told we did a good job on mine. Only thing I wasn't sure of but took the chance was my rear bar's. Rulebook says they have to be 30 degrees. Its pretty hard to do that in a 4 door or extended cab but so many people do I just went with it.
Great info, getting ready to cage the truck. Do you use the NHRA rule book? I checked the NHRDA site and nothing specific listed, just general rules.

This may sound strange but... Do they make heated racing seats? I would still like to take this truck snowboarding. LOL

ETA Nevermind... I found some!

Last edited:
I purchased and installed a new set of Corbeau XRS seats with sub harness slots and heaters. Although cost was higher then I wanted to spend Im pleased with the significant ride quality they offer. Being a suspension seat they are taller and thicker so you will need to pre plan install heights and head clearance if you have space constraints. I'm 6'2" 220 lbs and have the standard width version and they fit me nicely.

Ive looked into the corbeau seats but it looks like I need to sit in some before I buy them to make sure I fit. Im 5' 11 and 220
ill look wt the master craft seats though thanks

Unless you're all fat (no offense), you'll fit (assuming they're all the same size). I'm 6'2" and 250, I fit. They break in as well if you're a little wide in the hips. Mine also have inflatable lumbar support, best thing ever. Farthest trip so far was 2 hours to Tulsa, and 2 hours back. Only pain was in my ass from my wallet.

Aside from that, I absolutely love them. ALMOST as comfortable as the stock seats, and they absolutely hold you in. I usually drive with just the lap and crotch belts hooked up. I can get pictures for you after work if you want.

Unless you're all fat (no offense), you'll fit (assuming they're all the same size). I'm 6'2" and 250, I fit. They break in as well if you're a little wide in the hips. Mine also have inflatable lumbar support, best thing ever. Farthest trip so far was 2 hours to Tulsa, and 2 hours back. Only pain was in my ass from my wallet.

Aside from that, I absolutely love them. ALMOST as comfortable as the stock seats, and they absolutely hold you in. I usually drive with just the lap and crotch belts hooked up. I can get pictures for you after work if you want.

I would like to see them

Back