Radiator Mod

uncle_bens

Klikkel Motorsports
Has anyone taken off both radiator necks and replaced them with fittings like these in the pic? I plan on changing the radiator so this would work I think in this situation. Please put your $.02 in.

Attachments

• performanceengine.jpg
    performanceengine.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 232
Whats inducer size on the primary turbo?
Never done it, like the idea though, would have come in handy about 4 days ago.

That's not my motor. I found that pic and was wondering if anyone did something like that.

could be wrong but that looks like a Haisley Motor (Curts in the back ground) phone up Patty...I am sure she could point you in the right direction.

Ryan

That is Meacham's motor(Cedar City Diesel Truck) Pretty sure he had a Griffin Radiator in the truck.

I have. Here's the engine and radiator. -20AN hose. The fill neck was integrated into the upper hose because that's the highest point of the cooling system.

radiator4.jpg

enginetranny2.jpg

I went with used hoses and fittings for mine since I could find them from the guys who sell used Nascar parts on ebay. I did it because I didn't want to risk a radiator hose blowing out/off at 100+ mph and putting me into the wall.

alright, instead of starting a new thread....if one where to mount there rad and electrical fan in the box of the truck what would be the best way about doing it? I am not seeing lengths of hose longer than 6' on Sumits site. Could you go with braided untill the firewall and then normal heater hose from there?

Ryan

go to a hydraulic shop and get their low pressure stuff.it will be cheaper than dicking with the back and fourth with jegs or summit.fittings are cheaper than the aluminum fittings also.and you wont have to pay shipping.just a thought and my experience.good luck

alright, instead of starting a new thread....if one where to mount there rad and electrical fan in the box of the truck what would be the best way about doing it? I am not seeing lengths of hose longer than 6' on Sumits site. Could you go with braided untill the firewall and then normal heater hose from there?

Ryan

For something like that I would go with pipe for most of the length, with hoses between rad and pipe and between engine and pipe. $.02