Radio issues, no sound

red dodge2

Only speaker that works is the right rear, have new radio installed and new speakers. Anyone ever ran into something like this? Wiring problem somewhere that may be common?

Only speaker that works is the right rear, have new radio installed and new speakers. Anyone ever ran into something like this? Wiring problem somewhere that may be common?

Does your truck have the Infinity sound system?

Did you use the factory to after-market adapter harness to install the new unit?

I'm going to ask a stupid question.....but did you make sure the balance and fader are both in the center?

Did you use the factory to after-market adapter harness to install the new unit?

This^^.. When I did mine I spliced every individual wire, and I remember mixing two up and everything work except sound. I would recheck all the wiring to the head unit before you go digging else where.

Did you bypass the factory amps in the doors?

I remember I had to go around it, and trim the baskets so the 6x9's I put in would fit

/i\

what made you change the radio and speakers?

This is actually a valid question. If the OP replaced speakers and head unit because only one speaker was working there is a good chance he has multiple broken wires, or broken wires and failed speakers. Been there done that first hand.

Last edited:
So, where is the OP?

Last Activity: 12-17-2014 08:03 PM