rail pressure 26k

cummins2132

ok i saw a post about this problem but didnt see the guy fix it but i have max rail pressure. I have replaced the ecm because it was fried, replaced cp3 controller because it was blowing fuses still high rail pressure, replaced fca got the pressure to drop 1000 psi. does anyone know what it could be im running out of ideas.

Is it setting any codes? Mine was running max pressure and it ended up being the pins in the connector at the rail pressure sensor had spread apart and it wasn't making contact.

ya im running dual cp3. and truck has 200 hp injectors it did have a smarty ssr but i think i lost it when i replaced ecm. i forgot the code but it was giving me the high rail pressure code at 26k and the rail was leaking at the rail relief valve idk if it was maybe from the pressure or what. and the connection looked good to me but maybe the fuel that got into the connector maybe caused something i dont know.

IAT/IAP sensors at the manifold and at the intake air box. check, clean, replace as needed.

What do those do exactly and don't rail pressure sensor communicate with fca where if the sensor fails it leaves fca wide open rite

if those sensors fall out of range for measuring the temp and pressure of the air it will spike your fuel pressure. I had the same thing happen on my truck for about 3 months before i tracked it down.

No I have someone who's using one to do it it's just Goin whack full pressure and I had no idea can you test em and it'll cause it to have a nasty knock and fluctuating idle

And fuel rail is leaking from the rail pressure relief valve will that cause anything like if it reaches the sensor and I think the only other code would be intake heater is low and crankshaft sensor voltage low

I forgot to add it all started from a friend who disconnected the negative battery cables from the truck while it was running because he couldn't turn the truck off it ended up getting the high rail pressure so he took off positive to. So I replaced ecm and tipm got the truck to start again finally but now I still got the rail pressure at 26k so I replaced the dual Controller still nothing so see if that helps.

but rail sensor tested 27k with key in on position without truck on so does that mean its a sensor