Rail pressure issue

Harris

My 07 with ppe dual fuelers is maxing rail pressure 26k at idle and has a code for high rail pressure. Where should I start FCA's, ECM, or PPE controller for pumps? The fuse for the PPE controller is good and everything is plugged it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who has ohm numbers for the controller or the FCA's? I'm trying to help this guy out, would like to meter parts before changing them.

Replaced FCA on stock cp3, unhooked ppe controller and belt, re-tuned truck back to stock still idles at 26k. Any ideas would be great thanks I'm at a loss now

Checked voltage at rail sensor have 5 volts, replaced rail press sensor, also I have ECM command at FCA plug, and I also have tried another FCA off a running truck

Honestly I don't know a darn thing about dual pumps. It says in your sig that you have a 6.7 rail, did you machine the rail for the 5.9 pressure sensor or did you wire in the 6.7 sensor. Isn't 26000 the highest the ecm can read? I think it's a actual is a percentage higher then what the ecm registers with the 6.7 sensor. Something with return? Is the commanded rail pressure in EFILive higher then 26000? IE commanded fuel pressure being higher then can be read? Just grabbing at straws...

I would bet it's the controller, you could pull the belt and the piggyback harness and just plug in factory cp3 to check.

I pulled belt and piggyback harness no change and I'm running the 5.9 sensor it has the same thread pitch and is same length as the 6.7 sensor. Going to hook the laptop to it in the morning and see what the efi is commanding

Hooked laptop up and can get rail pressure readings and FCA control reading, when I unplugged FCA we lost reading for the control, I also put air to the return line from cp3 to tank to make sure it wasn't blocked.

Also ECM command for rail pressure was perfect

Are you sure that you are plugging your fca in the right direction? It will go on either way and on backwards will default to full rail

Did you ever resolve this issue? Been having the same problem with my 2003. Been down since last March...

Check my thread I posted above. Mine was the plug had bad wires in it, replaced the plug with new and no issues anymore.

I bypassed my top pump and ran just the stock one ended up verifying i just had a bad pump controller. I picked one up from a member in here and all is well now.

Back