RAM 2000 #5 Build Thread - 2012 - Stoker 12V

So did he keep it or sell it?

Kept it for now...

Little snag though.. Not sure who's to blame (it wasn't in Jeff's hands for a long while) but there is some engine damage....

He'll pull it (may have started already) and get it back up and running soon I hope... He's wanting to take Cruz Pedregon for a ride / drive when he comes to the shop before the Atlanta Southern Nationals May 3-5

I'll keep ya posted when it's back up...

Kept it for now...

Little snag though.. Not sure who's to blame (it wasn't in Jeff's hands for a long while) but there is some engine damage....

He'll pull it (may have started already) and get it back up and running soon I hope... He's wanting to take Cruz Pedregon for a ride / drive when he comes to the shop before the Atlanta Southern Nationals May 3-5

I'll keep ya posted when it's back up...

Just keep Cruz outa anything you've driven. :)

Well 2 weeks to the day, Jeff has it back running...

Long story short, he pulled the 6.7 motor and since he had everything handy to build a good 5.9 he just did that for now..

He even pulled the damaged turbo apart and put it on the lathe and fixed it... Probably hurting the air delivery a bit but it runs!! He wanted it up for the wknd of May 3-5 NHRA when Cruz Pedregon comes to the shop...Plus he simply wanted to enjoy it a bit...

It has the single 71 on it for now but he build the motor like his old race motor so he may build some twins for it soon...Run them for a while and Then build the 6.7 12V when he has more time.. For now he says it feels like about 550-600 hp... He put smaller injectors in it due to the 5.9 not spooling the big single as well.

Anyway...He debadged it and drove it home... Here's a few pics he sent me...

331C7D37-38FB-49D1-B51B-4990553EF3AC-2171-0000030043F11B43_zps662fa978.jpg

6A59E153-605F-48B7-A90A-EC62F415E4E4-2171-000003004D2CBB39_zps8e3a7b95.jpg

Such a shame that it was damaged I love this truck and want nothing more than to build a half ton

Jeff playin in his front yard... lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEgwTnL7REo"]Garmons 2012 RAM 2000 - 12V - YouTube[/ame]

Cruz Pedregon and Jeff at Garmons Diesel for the Snap On Scanner class looking over the new RAM 2000 before he gets his ride in it... (hard to impress a guy used to 10,000 HP though.. lol )

null_zpse3cdbdef.jpg

null_zps6368bc25.jpg

null_zpsb6d24dba.jpg

null_zps6a105a3f.jpg

Cruz, Jeff, Amy, & I.... Showing Cruz the record run by Hypermax!! He was impressed...

null_zps15efeca0.jpg

Watched his brother tony run this weekend at Baytown. Fairly certain that dodge ain't got **** on a funny car LOL

Jeff must gave bumped his head!!!! LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJwCY1pBeU4"]Swole in Garmons RAM 2000 - YouTube[/ame]

Back