Raptor 150

black94coal

I just recently bought a Raptor 150gph fuel pump. I am wondering if anyone else has one on their 12 valve. What kind of fuel pressure are you running? My fuel pressure gauge is coming tomorrow so I am waiting to put the pump in til then. Is there anything to watch out for?

if you bought the one for a 12v then dont worry about the pressure it should already be set you can check later with a gauge several people run those pumps without an issue.

I did not buy one for a 12v, I got it used and it was on a 24v. I got it put on today but I got to wait for my tubing to come in for my gauge. So the pump is on but the gauge is not
It doesn't seem to be running right in the high rpm range

I did not buy one for a 12v, I got it used and it was on a 24v. I got it put on today but I got to wait for my tubing to come in for my gauge. So the pump is on but the gauge is not
It doesn't seem to be running right in the high rpm range

Fuel pressure is too low..

thats what I thought. Also do I have to take the plunger out of the stock lift pump?

The stock lift pump has check valves in it so the raptor can push through it without problem. But it's probably more efficient to remove the stocker and have the raptor feed the filter directly.

Yea I found my problem with my system as well. I have the return line from the injectors hooked up to the outlet of my filter instead of the inlet. I have to run my 1/2 line and connect it to my stock line to keep my return line in the right place.

remove the stock one and buy a big block chevy block off plate to put in its place and feed the pump directly like said. if it has an adjustable regulator then you can up the pressure otherwise you will just have to use it as a feed to the mechanical pump.

I took the stock pump off and got a fuel pressure gauge, I turned the pump all the way up and it showed 38 psi at idle. When I get on the throttle the fuel pressure drops and it makes a popping sound at high rpms. Do I need even more pressure?

Yes you need more fuel pressure imp. Also if its popping in the higher rpms, you might want to check your timing.

I have the pressure screw on the raptor turned all the way up, my timing is stock, but I have heard the timing can slip. I have a autometer procomp mechanical fuel pressure gauge 0-100. and it makes noise when the truck is running, is that normal of a mechanical gauge?

I have the pressure screw on the raptor turned all the way up, my timing is stock, but I have heard the timing can slip. I have a autometer procomp mechanical fuel pressure gauge 0-100. and it makes noise when the truck is running, is that normal of a mechanical gauge?

If its fine until you get on it then the pressure is too low, and the gauge is normal

you did say this one came off a VP truck correct? you might have to add a regulator on the return side to, or call up a raptor dealer and get a new regulator for a ppump set up

Yes the pump did come off a VP truck. I thought the raptor pumps had a built in regulator so you did not to hook up a return line

I'm running my 150 turned all the way up, 37psi at idle, drops under 15psi WOT, with racked 180, 5x.016's and comp cuts, but I don't get any popping. Your's must be super low.

I do not have anyother other mods done to my truck either. I have the stock fuel plate slid all the way further and an afe intake and a stack but thats it. Did you run 1/2 inch fuel all and connect it all the way to the filter?

I do not have anyother other mods done to my truck either. I have the stock fuel plate slid all the way further and an afe intake and a stack but thats it. Did you run 1/2 inch fuel all and connect it all the way to the filter?

I used the line that comes with the pump, from the tank all the way to the filter. Stock lift pump was removed.

ok, what about your return line for you injectors that hooks onto your inlet side of the filter. How did you hook that up with your line that came from the raptor?