Rat Rod

roachie

Taco Master
Some of you may recall my friend that totaled his truck a few weeks back. It lives on now, donating its parts to this rat rod project. The truck is a 1979 F150 Ranger 2x4. Including the ranger, he has $500 in this project so far, it runs currently.

Engine is a 99 7.3, edge juice, 6 pos. ship with swamp tunes, H2E kit, 2 stages of n2o, don't ask about the injectors. The trans is a ZF6 with no 3rd gear, and is a 4x4 trans with no t case. Rear end if from atchley's truck (06 F350 SRW). Still working on it, I had to sneak in the shop to take pics of it.

He is wanting to run this thing at TS....I'm scared.

Donor truck:
0_0-5.jpg
[/IMG]

And here is the chaos:

th_0_0-4.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0439.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0438.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0436.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0435.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0435.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0442.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0437.jpg
[/IMG]

so what makes this a rat rod? is it the street sign or the chain holding the fuel tank?lol

The flat black primer, bent frame, rusty wheels.....

Rat rod is the nice way of saying its a piece of ****.

hahaha yea more like pile-o-parts. yea that should pass right through tech ;)

cool project! I love seeing old trucks get new life like this and even cooler that you kept the six speed.

I want to see a Picture of the Whole truck.

I will later, couldn't stand far enough back to fit the thing in the frame. It's not pretty. I'll assure that.

*READ*
I do not support, endorse, approve, or participate in the conseuction of this thing. I'm only taking photos of it to show. I can't bring myself to fabricate something that redneck on purpose.

Last edited:
*READ*
I do not support, endorse, approve, or participate in the conseuction of this thing. I'm only taking photos of it to show. I can't bring myself to fabricate something that redneck on purpose.[/QUOTE]

LOL hahahaha

Tell him to come get the f'in wheels, I'm tired of them sittin in my driveway. I'm not going near that thing while they're uh building it.

just because you can, doesn't mean you should! I'll never understand why you'd wanna throw something together and make it look like you had no skills.

Tell him to come get the f'in wheels, I'm tired of them sittin in my driveway. I'm not going near that thing while they're uh building it.

I may buy those damn things. Dude with the mozzi's won't PM me back.