rattle!

kasey200

Just finished up my 12v swap into an 03 excursion and i have a question for those of you that have done a similar swap. This thing has a harmonic vibration that rattles the interior of the truck like crazy when it's at certain RPM's at or near idle. Once you start ot accellerate (above 1000 rpm or so) the vibration goes away. It's not a slight vibration......... you can actually see the entire dash panel vibrate. FYI, I used fordcummins motormounts. Anybody else experience this???

mine did that you could see the hood bouncing my idle was way low thats why mine did it. If you have a optical tach check and make sure it is right.

okay i'll check it out. I'll i idle it up a bit What is a good idle speed? I think it's about 6-700 rpm right now.

Check your motor mounts. I just done two of them and I had to torch out some of the mounts.Im specifically talking the mount that bolts to the engine in the gusset is where I had to cut. It was hitting the topside of the mount that bolts to the frame.

Check your motor mounts. I just done two of them and I had to torch out some of the mounts.Im specifically talking the mount that bolts to the engine in the gusset is where I had to cut. It was hitting the topside of the mount that bolts to the frame.

Well i crawled under it today and they are indeed touching! I'm sure this is the problem. did you torch them while in the truck or did you do it before the motor was in? Looks kinda tight to get a torch in here but i'll try it.

I torched them while it was in the truck. I didnt realize it either till I bent down one day cuz I dropped my can of dip. I just happened to look up and thought WTF!!!! And yes it is tight but can be done just have someone there with water the rubber will get a lil warm and ignite. I hope this helps you out

Back