RCD Injectors...

RMyers_7

Just Another Hobby
Anyone running RCD 90 hp injectors? Like em? Why are they so much cheaper than everyone else? Thanks...

Not sure about this, but if a injector builder has cheap injectors, it may be because he is using someone else's "Cores" for your set, and your set becomes someone else's set.....
It speeds up the delivery of the injectors to you, but you are not getting "Your" injectors back...they would be someone else's...

I am NOT 100% sure on this though...

Builders who start with reconditioned injectors from Ford will carry a way bigger price tag...just go price them out from ford to see...
Basically, all you are getting for your injectors is the core charge that the builder would get when they send your in as cores. (For the set they bought to make your aftermarket injectors with.)

A local to me guy had ordered a set and had problems with getting a bad injector on delivery:nail:. But once he got it all straightened out he really likes the way they run. (And a note that the injector swap was super fast and handled well.) So I believe extendedpower is right in saying you receive someones else injectors.

Anyone running RCD 90 hp injectors? Like em? Why are they so much cheaper than everyone else? Thanks...

Cause all he is doing is ordering injectors from an injector shop and selling them to you on the cheap side. You wouldn't believe the markup on injectors.

Cause all he is doing is ordering injectors from an injector shop and selling them to you on the cheap side. You wouldn't believe the markup on injectors.

You have proof of that, or do you just don't like RCD?
Pretty balzy statement to make without some proof to back it up with...$.02

You have proof of that, or do you just don't like RCD?
Pretty balzy statement to make without some proof to back it up with...$.02

Yes, I have proof of that. Besides, nothing was said by me in this thread that was derogatory. If you think otherwise, that's your problem.

Yes, I have proof of that. Besides, nothing was said by me in this thread that was derogatory. If you think otherwise, that's your problem.

Oh really?
From posts that Josh himself has posted, and other's that have been to his shop, it sounds like he is doing the work on the injectors...not some other injector company.
You make it sound like all he is doing is buying injectors for $100.00 each, and turning them out for $125/150.00 each, while not doing any work at all to them.

If i were you i would not go the "cheap" route on injectors it seems like when people do it that it ends up costing them in the long run. I would get some Casserly injectors they are pricey but you know what your getting.

Yep. Stick with somebody like Casserly. Great injectors with the customer service to back em up!

Does Casserly make 8-hole 155's? If not, I'll probably send my injectors in for building at RCD or Elite, instead of swapping out for someone elses cores.

Does Casserly make 8-hole 155's? If not, I'll probably send my injectors in for building at RCD or Elite, instead of swapping out for someone elses cores.

Good idea.
Ryan has wicked customer support. Ask me, or Tim, or anyone else who has bought his injectors.