really dumb question....NOT MY IDEA....but will it work?

973604x4

aka landphil
theres a kid here in town with an 05 6.0. I told him his idea was stupid and wasn't good for the truck at all....but in his own words "i'm young and dumb, lets do it." Also note daddy bought the truck. anyhow....

Apparently theres a way to wire in a switch with a ground wire to the VGT solenoid. doing this supposedly shuts down the VGT and the truck smokes like crazy. Is this possible? and is it as simple as running a ground wire? Should a resistor be used for voltage reasons?

the kid got the idea from a buddy of his....supposedly it works. I've seen this before on a 7.3, but not on a 6.0.

Its probably a better idea to not help the kid, but now its got me wondering if its even possible.

You so have to do this. It is by far the best mod for the truck.

You so have to do this. It is by far the best mod for the truck.

im thinkin the same....lets blow it up :Cheer:

and all of us can laugh and look at carnage pics and just know its not our problem

Seen it on a 7.3???

same idea but done different obviously. i know very little about fords, but on a 7.3 its some type of butterfly valve as it was described to me. flip the switch, engine changes sound, it will smoke on a stock truck but the engine sounds like its about to fall apart

You don't need the ground. just need to keep it from getting voltage to the vgt.

I have seen it on another 6.0

But haven't we all learned that alot of smoke just gets you in trouble.

Wow, make more smoke, good idea in the current EPA environment. :doh:

just take a knife to the intercooler boot phil it will smoke a ton! let the kid find out what to do by himself! LOL

Cutting the wires makes way more smoke than simply disconnecting the connector.

Just unplug the vgt solenoid. Did it with mine just to see how much smoke it would make. WOW

i'll entertain the kid by unplugging it....but after that he can mess with it. i won't contribute anymore to his black smoking.

i'll entertain the kid by unplugging it....but after that he can mess with it. i won't contribute anymore to his black smoking.

That sounds good.......CS needs alot of b**ch slapping of kids who blow all day long......thats all I run into up there!

a local retard did that here. he'd stand on the brake and smoke for a few minutes it seemed.

I was waiting for his converter to blow to point and laugh.

Back