rear disc brakes

cummins1500

10's or go home
where can you buy the brackets to do the conversion and what calipers and rotors do you use ?

My advice, fix your drum brakes and install 1 ton cylinders.

I did my homework.

With aftermarket D70 disc brake kit You will loose Your emergency brake.

And also '01 and '02 D70 disc brake parts do not fit to '94-00 axle, axle housing and brake mounting are totally different

I have cut axle ends with disc brakes and it is not bolt on job.

If you search with my name, You can find useful information about brakes

My advice, fix your drum brakes and install 1 ton cylinders.
Excellent advice. You can upgrade your brakes for less than $25 and an hour or so of time. The difference is fantastic!

false.

DIY4X: Catering to those who enjoy doing it themselves.

you can keep the ebake when you use the eldorado calipers.

While you can use the eldo calipers, all my research indicates that the parking brake function in them is nearly worthless when you get a decent sized tire on them. I would think that they suffice for a state vehicle inspection where a mechanical parking brake was required however.

The other downside to them is the cost. They aren't cheap.

$94 a side with core charge, they hold my 93 d250 CTD on 39.5 swampers up to about a 20 degree incline.

I did the diy4x kit on my drag truck. I wish I would have just reworked my drums. It wasn't worth the effort. There is a lot to the swap that is not specified. When they say diy they mean here are the pieces, good luck. I found a lot of good info on pirate4x4.
I did not do the eldorado calipers. I had never heard good things so it wasn't worth the extra money.
My $.02