Rear end not reading speed.

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
2006 truck. 2003 rear end. New VSS in rear end. I measured voltage at PCM with a DMM and got a reading. Brake and ABS light is on. Scan tool says rear wheels are at 5999 rpms at a dead stop and says abs system is operating fine. Although I can lock all tires up. Speedo reads front wheel speeds when rear tires spins. Speedo reads correctly and trans shifts fine. Any suggestions?

Did you pull the speed sensor in the rear? Might be covered in metal, and be an indication of impending problems.

Last week I put new VSS in. Old was broke off. Also put new housing cover and fluid. The sensor ring has no defects or any shavings on it. Sensor is reading. Is it enough i don't know.

2006 truck. 2003 rear end. New VSS in rear end. I measured voltage at PCM with a DMM and got a reading. Brake and ABS light is on. Scan tool says rear wheels are at 5999 rpms at a dead stop and says abs system is operating fine. Although I can lock all tires up. Speedo reads front wheel speeds when rear tires spins. Speedo reads correctly and trans shifts fine. Any suggestions?

Same problem with my truck, both lights on, and I can not get my lockup controller chip working without the VSS reading.

I bet this why my truck is a TURD on take off. With a trailer is like crawling and not locking up if any

Did you remove the piece that was broke off? Good luck man

Back