Rearend problems!

maxwedgehead

Today I noticed my truck has a popping in the rear while turning and I haven't looked at it but I'm guessing its the spider set is done! Any opinions? If it is there upgraded set so I can have a stronger rear end if not can someone give me a good place to buy parts from?

Ebay is ok but first find a good shop that can do it! They may have a good parts connection!

Ebay is ok but first find a good shop that can do it! They may have a good parts connection!
I was a diesel tech at a dodge dealership for awhile I will redo it myself if that is the problem, my main question is there any parts I can buy for the rear end that are stronger than stock?

Normally if you remove the cover pan and re torque the caps it will fix the problem. 85-95lbft If it has posi its torsional and they do lock up poorly with older broke down fluid.

Pulled cover off fluid looked good, no unusual metal, just the normal dust on the magnet, cleaned up diff everything looked brand new and it's wearing right, put new fluid in, pulled driveshaft, u joints feel great. Truck has popping in front for sure and one hell of a shake at 60 and then it's there from there up but isn't as bad

Pulled cover off fluid looked good, no unusual metal, just the normal dust on the magnet, cleaned up diff everything looked brand new and it's wearing right, put new fluid in, pulled driveshaft, u joints feel great. Truck has popping in front for sure and one hell of a shake at 60 and then it's there from there up but isn't as bad

That is almost 100% different than what you originally said???

That is almost 100% different than what you originally said???
When I posted the thread I hadn't looked at anything was just going by what I started to hear.
Shake in the front end or rear?

Whole truck was shaking was getting progressively worse. Took it to the tire shop each wheel was 4-5 oz out so shake is gone completely, still getting pop from front and rear, seems like it only does it from rear when turning shop and the truck flexes up, and front only happens when turning. Also I'm getting a slight squeak front left side while turning.

Last edited: